We appreciate the time taken by all applicants, however due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Portfolios and extra materials will not be returned or kept on file, but may be brought in for interview purposes if necessary.
- - Implement animation control rigging systems for complex characters and props using Maya
- - Set up rigs for low and high-res characters
- - Set up and rig character models
- - Work with animators to design, create, and maintain animation rigs for characters that are clean, efficient, and animation friendly
- - Design user interfaces and controls for characters and facial animation systems (bone and blend shape driven)
- - Maintain and improve current animation pipeline
- - Knowledge of animation sharing, and motion capture transfer between character rigs
- - Maintain a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- - Troubleshoot and wrangle character-rigging issues for artists
- - Minimum 3 years industry experience in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects
- - Excellent communication skills a must
- - Experience in setting up cloth simulation rigs highly desirable
- - Experience with Maya and/or other high-end animation software required
- - Experience with mel, csh, python, TCL, perl or other scripting languages a must
- - Skilled knowledge of anatomy for animal/quadraped and human/biped
- - Ability to work well under pressure
- - Must be an Ontario resident.
- Experience with VFX work on live-action feature films
- Experience creating high quality varieties of props, terrain, vegetation, volumes and other procedural effects
- Extensive knowledge in Houdini (5+ years) & VEX
- Production experience with Maya
- Problem solving & building efficient workflows
- Production experience with maya-houdini pipeline using alembic and or USD caching
- Production experience with crowd duplication, muscle & fur
- Ability to art direct the "look" & "feel" of procedural effects
- Canadian residency required. Ontario residents preferred
- Create or modify photorealistic textures by utilizing photography, pre-existing textures or from scratch.
- Take direction from supervisors to create the desired look and feel for production assets.
- Design or modify shader parameters and apply texture maps to production assets.
- Keep supervisors informed of progress, changes, roadblocks and other critical issues.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in visual effects for feature film.
- Must have a keen eye for detail with the ability to match various references.
- Must have experience with polygonal texturing and UV Layout.
- Must be proficient with Mari, with knowledge of Photoshop and Maya.
- Must have extensive knowledge in creating and working with procedural shaders.
- Must have the ability to solve problems independently and take initiative.
- Must be able to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines.
- Applicants must be Ontario residents.
- Strong understanding of 3Delight or Renderman a plus.
- Proficiency with Substance, ZBrush, Mudbox and Nuke a plus.
- Composite shots at a feature film quality standard.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems that arise throughout production.
- Determine the projects needs with Supervisor and Leads.
- Meet project deadlines and targets, as set by producer.
- Keep up to date with current workflows and software.
- Must have solid fundamental skills including keying, roto, tracking, projections and paint in Nuke.
- Be comfortable with LINUX environment.
- Must be comfortable integrating photo-real cg into live action plates and/or full 3D environments.
- Must have a keen eye for detail, composition, light and colour.
- Must be able to take direction and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must have 3+ years of experience working on film or TV productions.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- -Complete assigned shots in accordance with Director’s overall vision
- -Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- -Animate characters and props using Maya
- -Attend all sequence Launches and Dailies to understand the Director and Animation Director’s needs, and note required revisions
- -Anticipate, communicate troubleshoot any technical issues with assistance of key stakeholders
- -Experience with tracking packages such as, PF track and Boujou, as well as Renderman and 3Delight are an asset
- -Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines
- -2+ years experience of CG animation experience (feature film experience preferred), with proven animation skills
- -Completed post-secondary education in 3D animation or other relevant area of study
- -Working knowledge of CG Animation Software (experience with Maya a tremendous asset)
- -Previous study of anatomy, perspective and composition, with strong drawing skills an asset
- -Demonstrated knowledge of animation timing, posing, acting and storytelling techniques
- -Strong creative problem solving skills
- -Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- -Ability to adapt working style to budget and schedule parameters
- -High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- -Availability to work overtime during production crunch periods
- -Must be a Canadian Resident.