We appreciate the time taken by all applicants, however due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Portfolios and extra materials will not be returned or kept on file, but may be brought in for interview purposes if necessary.
- Answer level 1 support requests for physical and digital assets in the studio.
- Rollout new hardware (computers/printers/monitors etc.). This will involve imaging computers, configuring networking properly and doing monitor colour calibration.
- Research and implement new technologies and methods for tasks such as imaging and/or system monitoring and logging.
- Maintain uptime on the renderfarm (alarms, imaging, hardware replacement and troubleshooting).
- Ensure all data in our inventory system is kept updated and current.
- Develop and maintain effective documentation, related to the tasks you will perform.
- Help out with any other manual/physical tasks as needed.
- Escalate issues to senior systems team members when necessary.
- A good understanding of both the Mac OS X and Linux operating system infrastructures.
- 1 or more years previous experience working in Information Technology.
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge and an understanding of how HTTP, DHCP and DNS servers operate.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- College or university degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Previous experience with computer animation or compositing software as a plus.
- Applicants with experience using Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket will be more closely considered.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems that arise through production
- Determine the projects needs with Supervisor and Leads
- Meet project deadlines and targets, as set by project
- Keep up to date with current technologies
- Must have solid fundamental skills including keying, roto, tracking, and paint
- Must be comfortable integrating photoreal cg into live action plates and/or full 3D environments.
- Must have a keen eye for detail, composition, light and color
- Must be able to take direction and work well in a fast paced environment
- Must be Ontario resident
- Soho VFX is currently seeking talented and experienced 3D Modelers to join our ranks.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years feature film visual effects experience.
- Must have strong skills in modeing and UV layout.
- Must be versatile and able to create both photo real and stylized imagery.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Maya. Experience with tracking packages such as, PF track and Boujou, as well as Renderman and 3Delight are an asset.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must be an Ontario resident.