We appreciate the time taken by all applicants, however due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Portfolios and extra materials will not be returned or kept on file, but may be brought in for interview purposes if necessary.
- Soho VFX is currently seeking talented and experienced 3D Modelers to join our ranks.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years feature film visual effects experience.
- Must have strong skills in modeing and UV layout.
- Must be versatile and able to create both photo real and stylized imagery.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Maya. Experience with tracking packages such as, PF track and Boujou, as well as Renderman and 3Delight are an asset.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must be an Ontario resident.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems that arise through production
- Determine the projects needs with Supervisor and Leads
- Meet project deadlines and targets, as set by project
- Keep up to date with current technologies
- Must have solid fundamental skills including keying, roto, tracking, and paint
- Must be comfortable integrating photoreal cg into live action plates and/or full 3D environments.
- Must have a keen eye for detail, composition, light and color
- Must be able to take direction and work well in a fast paced environment
- Must be Ontario resident
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years feature film live action effects experience.
- Applicants must be able to create photo real character animation.
- Applicants must have advanced knowledge of Maya.
- Must have a thorough understanding of realistic motion and physics.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must be an Ontario resident.
- The Bookkeeper reports to the Financial Controller and is responsible for the following:
- Assist the Financial Controller in maintaining accounting systems, including the general ledger, sub-ledgers and all journals.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and prepare monthly financial statements.
- Record some aspects of payroll for employees and perform reporting requirements.
- Prepare accounts payable data for input, ensuring invoices are consistent with company policy.
- Prepare and monitor recurring journal entries in accounts payable.
- Ensure utilities and other time-sensitive bills are processed on time.
- Process computerized cheque runs for signature.
- Follow-up on issues related to invoices and other claims.
- Process urgent cheques, as required.
- Prepare bank deposits, as required.
- Calculate and process overtime for employees.
- Administer company group plans such as GoodLife memberships.
- Perform data entry as required.
- Assist in administration of tax credits such as SRED at year end.
- Liaise with external organization, such as auditors, CRA, Stats Can and insurance carriers, as required.
- Various HR tasks such as assisting with quarterly performance reviews.
- Other financial duties as assigned by the Financial Controller.
- We’re seeking an experienced bookkeeper who is self-motivated, demonstrates initiative and can work independently on multiple tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience:
- Three to five years of bookkeeping experience, plus a diploma or degree in Accounting
- In-depth knowledge and experience producing financial reports, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, HST returns
- Experience with SRED tax credit
- Experience with accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll and government remittances
- Proficiency in accounting software: Quickbooks and TaxPrep
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent people, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.