We appreciate the time taken by all applicants, however due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Portfolios and extra materials will not be returned or kept on file, but may be brought in for interview purposes if necessary.
- Create or modify photorealistic textures by utilizing photography, pre-existing textures or from scratch.
- Keep supervisors informed of progress, changes, roadblocks and other critical issues.
- Apply texture maps to production assets.
- Take direction from supervisors to create the desired look and feel for production assets.
- Design or modify shader parameters.
- Managing the quality of 3D models and textures for production use in high and low res format
- Working in partnership with Lighters and Compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Working closely with the assets, shading and lighting artists
- Establishing suitable working techniques for the members of your team and work in conjunction with the production team (Asset Supervisor, Producers, VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor) to establish schedules and technical requirements
- Developing and managing textures for production pipeline
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in visual effects for feature film.
- Must have a keen eye for detail with the ability to match various references.
- Must have experience with polygonal texturing and UV Layout.
- Must have extensive knowledge in creating and working with procedural shaders.
- Must have the ability to solve problems independently and take initiative.
- Must be able to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure
- Applicants must be Ontario residents.
- Strong understanding of 3Delight or Renderman a plus.
- Experience with 3D Paint packages also a plus.
- Must have experience using Autodesk Maya, Mari, Z-Brush, Mudbox, Photoshop
- Proven 3D modeling expertise in both hard surface and organic matter
- Working knowledge of multi-pass rendering, lighting, match-moving and NURBS modeling
- An understanding of real world materials and must be demonstrated on your demo reel
- Answer level 1 support requests for physical and digital assets in the studio.
- Rollout new hardware (computers/printers/monitors etc.). This will involve imaging computers, configuring networking properly and doing monitor colour calibration.
- Research and implement new technologies and methods for tasks such as imaging and/or system monitoring and logging.
- Maintain uptime on the renderfarm (alarms, imaging, hardware replacement and troubleshooting).
- Ensure all data in our inventory system is kept updated and current.
- Develop and maintain effective documentation, related to the tasks you will perform.
- Help out with any other manual/physical tasks as needed.
- Escalate issues to senior systems team members when necessary.
- A good understanding of both the Mac OS X and Linux operating system infrastructures.
- 1 or more years previous experience working in Information Technology.
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge and an understanding of how HTTP, DHCP and DNS servers operate.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- College or university degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Previous experience with computer animation or compositing software as a plus.
- Applicants with experience using Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket will be more closely considered.